For Bobsledders and Beyond
Bobsledding is surprisingly intense. I don’t watch the Winter Olympics much, so whenever someone talks about bobsledding (which is already rare in my circle of sedentary hermits), I think of those holiday cards with the big clunky wooden sleighs on them. It turns out that bobsleds are weird, intimidating mash-ups of race cars and fighter jets that travel at 90 miles per hour and can kill whoever’s unfortunate enough to stumble into their path. It also turns out that there’s four Swiss bobsledders accomplished enough to have their own Wikipedia pages that all share the last name Rüegg. I don’t know if Sempach’s Rüegg jacket was named in honor of these bobsledders, but I’m sure Ivo Rüegg, Max Rüegg, Ralph Rüegg, and Tony Rüegg would like to think so. Professional bobsledders like the Rüeggs are mandated to race in brightly colored skintight catsuits, but Sempach’s Rüegg, with its lightweight quilted fabric, warm filling, and classic coach jacket silhouette, is the perfect choice for casual winter outings away from the racecourse.
- Made in China
- External fabric: 100% nylon
- Filling: 100% polyester
- Internal yoke: 76% wool, 24% polyester
- Front snap-down placket with concealed two-way zipper
- Pointed collar
- Two front slanted waist pockets with snap closure
- Two side seam zippers
- Internal brown and red yoke panel based on Swiss military blankets
- Internal right waist pocket with buckle closure
- Internal left waist pocket with zip closure
- Metal Sempach logo badge at back hem
MEASUREMENTS TAKEN FROM A SIZE 48/M:
- chest, 22"
- shoulder, 18"
- sleeve length, 26.5"
- center back length, 27.25"